WOMEN OF BETH AM - SISTERHOOD
“In a world that has become very complex and sometimes uncaring, Sisterhood is a way of belonging, of being part of a group, in involving oneself in the greater concerns of our lives. It affords the individual woman the ability to feel the pride that comes with knowing that something is being done to help people in need.” – Anonymous
To join the Women of Beth Am please click here to download the application form
July 20, 6:30 pm, Women of Beth Am Board meeting
7:00 pm, Lean-in meeting
July 27, 7:30 pm, WomBAT Painting Party - Let's get together on July 27 at 7:30 pm for a fun evening of painting, socializing adn snacking. Many of you did this last year and will remember the fun we had and the beautiful Sunflower Paintings we created. This year we'll be painting a view of the Tappan Zee Bridge - one that we won't be able to see for too long.
Click Here for Flyer
The cost is $30 for Wom BAT members and $35 for guests. This includes all supplies and snacks. Send your payment (Payable to WomBAT) by July 23 to Barbara Silverstone.
General Meetings - Third Wednesday of the month
The officers of Women of Beth Am are:
Vice President -
Shalach Manot Chair -
We have begun our 2016 membership drive. Annual dues of $36 help to offset the expenses of our activities.
Our meetings are scheduled for the 3rd Thursday of every month at 7:00 pm. Everyone is welcome to be a part or to offer suggestions for new events. We look forward to having you join us for the exciting things we have planned for the New Year.
Women of Beth Am Temple – Sisterhood
presents many benefits to our Temple family including:
- Provides refreshments for Selichot
- Contributes to the Yom Kippur Break-The-Fast
- Presents candlesticks and kiddush cups to the Bnai Mitzvah
- Organizes and distributes Shalach Manot baskets
- Donates to the religious school
supporting special programs including buses, purchasing supplemental items
- Designs the Sisterhood Sabbath service
- Assists Temple where requested - purchased new carpet in the social hall, donated to help pay
down the mortage
- Contributes to maintaining the kitchen
- Gives social action funds to worthy organizations